<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
Garden's GiftTips Plant Resources Garden Info Garden Accessories Florida Gardening Links www

Saturday, March 27, 2004

Going batty for bats 

I am fascinated by bats! Whenever my husband and I would sit outside at dusk, I would look up and see what I thought were birds rushing to go home for the night. My husband set me straight pretty quickly and, ever since, dusk has been a favorite time of day for me as I watch the bats flitter through the trees.

As I sat and watched the bats one evening, I thought it would be fun to have a bat house but didn't have the slightest idea on how to go about constructing one. The next day my husband surprised me with the greatest little book on how to do just that. America's Neighborhood Bats by Merlin Tuttle includes a wealth of information on building bat houses and attracting bats to your environment.

The only problem is my copy is lost, either as a result of our most recent move or I lent it to someone and never had it returned. So if you see a rather dog-eared copy laying around somewhere, it might just be mine. To get your own, click on the Books-a-Million icon on the right. Happy Gardening and go searching for bats in your neighborhood tonight. You'll be glad you did.

Comments: Post a Comment
Site Meter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Thanks to Andrew Stenning who contributed the photograph for our masthead

back to top

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?