<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
Garden's GiftTips Plant Resources Garden Info Garden Accessories Florida Gardening Links www

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Nurturing the body through gardening 

I got up a bit early this morning to go see my chiropractor and massage therapist whom I’ve been visiting for about 3 months now. An auto accident precipitated my forming this relationship and I must admit I was a bit skeptical when I was first referred to their office. But how my opinion has changed.

Dr. Gordon Lovett, my doctor at The Spinal Correction Centers, has been tremendous in adjusting my spine back to the way it was when I was a girl. Lynn Ginocchio and Chris Burlei, my phenomenal massage therapists, perform deep muscle massage to aid in getting me back to a healthy state.

So what, you may ask, do chiropractic medicine and massage therapy have to do with gardening? Pretty much everything. If your body frame is healthy you can comfortably work in the garden and nurture your plants. To reduce the likelihood of injury from twisting and turning activities like shoveling and hoeing, regular chiropractic visits can help keep muscles and vertebrae in top condition.

One of the BEST gardening articles I’ve read lately actually comes from Dr. Lovett’s office. I know he doesn’t mind if I paraphrase, so here are some comments:


So, the bottom line is love your garden but love your body just as much. And at my age, and I’m not saying what it is, I feel so much better structurally than I ever did at 20+. But don’t take my word for it. If you’re ever in Dunedin, Florida I invite you to find out for yourself (727-734-7611). But whatever you do, make sure you include the massage with Chris or Lynn. Those two have hands like God – you will melt on the table. Happy Gardening.

Comments: Post a Comment
Site Meter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Thanks to Andrew Stenning who contributed the photograph for our masthead

back to top

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?