<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
Garden's GiftTips Plant Resources Garden Info Garden Accessories Florida Gardening Links www

Monday, February 21, 2005

Wanna see my garden cart? 

I am so proud! I put together my garden cart today. It was not too difficult and I only had to ask for help twice - once in the midst of assembly when I was instructed to "turn it over on its wheels carefully". The other was when I connected the side rail backward. Otherwise, I did an awesome job if I do say so myself. So what, you may ask, is a garden cart. It's somewhat like a little red wagon only a bit bigger, yellow and with mesh floor and sides. Ok - not like a little red wagon at all but you get the idea.

I've been gardening for a number of years and always moving things around the yard by hook or by crook. I've carried my shovels and rakes out of the garage while trying to balance a garbage can and my hand tools. I have hauled more bags of mulch than I can count not to mention the number of plants brought home from the garden center just waiting to be planted. As an old friend of ours says - ai yi yi yi yi.

My husband came up with the idea of getting me a garden cart for my birthday. It was quite a pleasant surprise but of course needed to be assembled. So it sat in the garage for two months until I decided this was the weekend to accomplish the task.


The weather was gorgeous - mid 70s and sunny with just the slightest breeze. The gardening bug bit and it bit hard. After mowing and trimming the lawn I said to myself, "Self - it's time to put together the cart" so I did. Now I'm ready. I've got the cart all set to go, all my tools in one place and the weather is cooperating. We're even supposed to get some long needed rain in the next few days. All I need now are some plants and some bags of mulch, then more plants and more bags of mulch and so on and so on. Happy Gardening.

Comments: Post a Comment
Site Meter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Thanks to Andrew Stenning who contributed the photograph for our masthead

back to top

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?