<$BlogRSDURL$>
Google
Garden's GiftTips Plant Resources Garden Info Garden Accessories Florida Gardening Links www

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

It's a tomato! 

I finally did it - I grew tomatos for the first time since we moved here. Now granted I cheated just a bit by purchasing a tomato plant that had a couple of fruit already started. But the real trick was keeping the thing alive long enough to harvest the fruit. The proof that I am not a tomato killer is in. Not only have we enjoyed three tomatos from this little plant there is still at least one more growing. I don't know if the secret is that I put it on the front porch rather than planting it in the garden or that it is within view of the kitchen so it gets watered more frequently. Whatever it is I finally earned my tomato thumb. Happy Gardening.

Comments: Post a Comment
Site Meter Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Thanks to Andrew Stenning who contributed the photograph for our masthead

back to top

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?